Academic Year 2022 -2023
7.2.1 Institutional Best Practices
1) Title: Yoga for mental well – being.
To achieve a positive impact on students’ physical health, mental well-being, academic performance, and overall personal development.
IQAC placed the proposal for the yoga certification course before the Principal and management. In order to bring this proposal into practice the IQAC initiated/signed a MoU with the International yoga institute to conduct the certification course for ug and pg students.
In this regard, they prepared a syllabus for 30 hours and 2 hrs of internal and external examination patterns. By providing students with the tools to manage stress, maintain a healthy lifestyle, and develop a balanced approach to life, yoga/this course contributes to creating a positive and conducive learning environment.
The Students who joined this course from various classes that incorporate yoga practices demonstrate a commitment to nurturing well-rounded individuals equipped to navigate both academic and personal challenges successfully.
Evidence of Success:
This course was opened for all students and offers a multitude of benefits to them, including improved physical health, enhanced mental well-being, better academic performance, and overall personal development.
Problems encountered & resources required:
- Limited time: College schedules can be packed with classes and other commitments, leaving limited time for yoga sessions.
- Resources required: Effective time management skills to schedule yoga sessions within the available time slots. You may also need support from college authorities to allocate specific time slots for yoga classes.
- Lack of awareness or interest: Some students may not be aware of the benefits of yoga or may not show much interest in practicing it.
- Resources required: Conducting awareness campaigns or workshops to educate students about the physical and mental benefits of yoga. Inviting guest yoga instructors or practitioners to give demonstrations and motivate students. Providing informational resources like pamphlets or handouts about yoga and its benefits.
- Safety and injury prevention: Yoga involves physical movements and poses, and there is a risk of injury if proper safety measures are not followed.
- Resources required: First aid kits or medical facilities on campus in case of any injuries or accidents. Proper guidance from instructors on warm-up exercises, correct posture, and modifications for different body types or limitations. Emphasizing the importance of listening to one’s body and not pushing beyond personal limits.
2) Title of the Practice: ADD ON CERTIFICATION COURSES
Duration: 30 Hours Each & Year of Inception: 2022-23
- Objectives of the Practice.
- To fill the gaps in student’s knowledge and give them a competitive edge.
- To develop skills in the various fields, confidence building and creativity.
- To develop leadership quality among students.
- Students are encouraged to take full advantage of these opportunities to broaden horizons & excel in various areas.
- To prepare students for careers across a broad range of e- Technology, Corporate, Humanities, Marketing sectors etc.
- To develop the students understanding of ancient language and information specific to their discipline.
- To enable students to effectively integrate concept and skill across functional areas.
- The Context.
The Certificate Courses are available under various categories such as Curriculum Enrichment, Skill Oriented, Placement Based, and Value Added & Soft Skills Enhancement from undergraduate to post graduate. Certificate courses serve a multitude of purposes for different students: they are used to bridge the gap between different phases of academic study, or to provide additional professional training and qualifications. The certificate courses in our college covers applied text of various subjects like Commerce & management, e- technology, English Language, Corporate, Soft Skills, Humanities, etc. These courses are job focused and provide a wide range of skills to an individual so that he can perform well when dealing with complex projects, vendors and serve multi-platform environment. Thus, helps in enhancing the confidence level of an individual. Having a prior knowledge of the job responsibilities provided by these courses helps an individual to easily adapt to the work environment and quickly advance in his career. In all, these add on Certificate courses produce highly skilled graduates who stand out from their peers in the marketplace.
- The Practice.
Our college conducts following certificate courses:
1 Advanced networking security 2 Cloud Computing 3 Basic Direct Taxation(FYBAF) 4 Advanced Direct Taxation 5 Basics in Banking ,Finance & Insurance 6 Basics in Investment Banking & Wealth management 7 Entrepreneurship Development Programme 8 HR Analytics 9 Soft Skills 10 Digital Marketing 11 Marketing Common 12 Advanced Accountancy 13 Modi lipi 14 Functional English 15 Yoga 16 Intellectual Property Rights
Each certificate course consists of coordinator among the faculty members from various departments. The Course Coordinator along with his team frames the syllabus & time table of their respective courses at college level with final approval done by IQAC. The minimum seats available for each course is 40. The students have to take maximum of 3 Certificate Courses out of the list & a nominal fee of Rs. 600 is charged.(All inclusive) The Courses are conducted Online, Offline & Hybrid Mode. Through these certificate courses the students are well trained and coached for their self-help employment for their future. The classes and practical’s are conducted regularly according to the time tables of the respective course. On completion of the course work, the examination of all the courses is conducted. Each student who have successfully completed the course and passed the exam is awarded with a certificate from college. Remuneration or Honorarium to resource persons/faculty is also disbursed.
- Evidence of Success.
The evidence of success is visible, qualitatively as well as quantitatively. The students understand and also develop their knowledge widely in various domains helping them to achieve their career goals.
- Problems Encountered and Resources.
Most certification courses are dominated by learning definitions of terms and putting them into exam question context. Often a huge proportion of the course is dedicated to this. Practical Knowledge as a addition to gain real time experiences is a need of an hour.
Microsoft teams Platform is used to conduct the online lectures of certificate courses. Computer lab is also used to conduct the practical sessions.
Academic Year 2020-2021
7.2.1 Institutional Best Practices
- Best Practice -I
- Title Of the Practice
Implementation of effective Teaching – learning Process.
- Aims and Objectives of the Practice
- To prepare a systematic planning of the teaching for the academic year.
- To maintain the documentation of the academic, curricular, co-curricular & extension activities.
- To help the teachers modify & improve their teaching methodologies/ process through ICT.
- To help the teachers & the institution to prepare the record for Career Advanced Scheme.
- To monitor the Teaching – Learning Process.
- To obtain the feedback on teaching learning deliveries.
- The Context
- Teaching learning is objective, exhaustive and continuous process not only from the learner’s perspective but also from the teachers. So this process needs to be systematically understood, studied ,analyzed& unitized in different classified processes/steps. Periodically, it is necessary to make a complete plan of this process, execute it for implementation ,review it and has a timely feedback about the completion and effectiveness.
- Academic Calender is very useful in the context of quality teaching -learning .To ensure the planned, timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative curricular & co -curricular tasks, academic calendar plays vital role as authentic evidence . It is also helpful in preparation & maintenance of all the records.
- The Practice
- Academic Calendar is provided to all the teachers which includes personal information, workload, timetable of the faculty ,planning of the workload ,compensation of work against leave ,record of leaves taken , lectures and synopsis of every lecture/practical and account of lectures planned and lectures actually taken .’ Every teacher prepares well -designed teaching plan at the beginning of the academic year by unitizing the course content. To prepare a teaching plan, they follow a systematic procedure by taking into account number of teaching days available in the semester, unitization of syllabus of each course into modules, sub – modules and units .Such modules, sub – modules and units are allocated as per available teaching periods. Teachers maintain the record of participation in the extra curricular activities in the academic calendar. Teachers discuss this process in the departmental meetings and incorporate in the academic calendar which is considered to be an authentic academic document.
- Execution of Teaching Plan
Every teacher undertakes the sequential steps for the completion of the teaching learning process for its planning and execution such as study of syllabus in detail ,study of the available number of days and lectures available ,individual timetable ,month wise allocation of syllabus (Teaching plan ) ,synopsis of the lecture taken , details of regular lecture taken ,details of extra lectures taken ,syllabus completion report ,leave record, academic and administrative responsibilities. In the academic calendar the details of workshop/conference/seminar/orientation and refresher course, publication of research papers are made.
- Syllabus completion Report
At the end of the each semester, every teacher prepares the syllabus completion report in the prescribed format containing the information of month wise syllabus planned, syllabus completed , syllabus remained and remarks .
- Leave Record
Every teacher maintains the record of his casual leave, duty leave with nature of work and reference no and date of the concerned letter and other leaves with causes & remarks. It is regularly monitored by the Head of the Department and endorsed by the Principal.
- Record Of Academic and administrative responsibilities
Academic calendar also include the work distribution in various committees and Associations at college level, University level and others.
- Organization & participation in workshops/conferences/ seminars/refresher course, etc.
- It also contains the information of the respective teachers about the organization and participation of the workshops/conferences/ seminars/refresher course ,etc.
- Feedback on planning and its Execution
- Head of the Department/In -charge of the subject, regularly monitor the adherence of teaching plan & checks the academic calender regularly.
- The Principal conducts periodical meetings of faculty ,department -wise or faculty -wise to take the feedback and check the adherence to teaching plan ,Review of teaching plan and actual completion of syllabus are taken periodically at least once in a semester/ term and if required , adjustments are suggested accordingly .
- Evidence of Success
- The practice makes the teacher most aware about their academic, curricular, extra- curricular responsibilities, as they are well defined prior to commencement of academic year.
- Adjustments of teaching learning deliveries are well planned and executed.
- It is helpful for all the teachers to complete the syllabus and all other activities systematically as per the planning made at the beginning of the academic year.
- Academic calendar is an authentic evidence of records of all the activities of the teacher which he/she has performed in the academic year.
- Problems Encountered and Resources Required
- Problems Encountered
- Sometime because of busy schedule in academic curricular, co- curricular ,extra – curricular and extension activities work ,the entries in the calendar may not be completed in time to provide the details of the academic calendar.
- Resources Required
- Academic Calendar of College
- Periodical meetings
Best Practice -II
Title of the Practice
Promotion of E-Learning Culture by developing E-content and use of virtual Library for students during pandemic.
Aims and Objectives of the Practice:
The college has set the following aims and objectives for this innovative activity.
- To provide online access and support to learners, teachers during the pandemic.
- To provide students with access to e resources during the pandemic.
- To provide students with notes for providing academic support and to bridge the gap as students had relocated to different places where books were not available.
- To meet the requirements of students during pandemic as affordability was issue for most of the students.
- To maintain continuity in the learning process.
Students were finding it very difficult to access the library or book stores during the pandemic. Therefore, it was decided to provide a virtual platform to students by making library virtual, providing the course material and other reference material to students for maintaining continuity in their academics. The links to various freely accessible e-resources were shared by the librarian to students. This process enhanced the quality of teaching learning process.
Library Resource Management:
The librarian had created a team on MST specially designed for students and teachers where links of freely accessible e-resources were provided to students and teachers.
The links provided were helpful to students for learning and understanding the subject matter as well as for preparing the projects.
User Orientation: The librarian conducted orientation for all first year students for providing the knowledge on how to access the e- resources during the pandemic.
Evidence of Success:
The librarian organized a Book reading competition, essay and quiz competition in order to make students aware of the importance of reading and use of e-resources in the current era. It is important for students to enhance their presentation skills and be updated about the latest developments in order to remain healthy in the competitive environment.
Some students who had shifted to rural areas could not access the digital resources due to lack of smart phones and internet connectivity.
Resources required: Microsoft Office Teams
Academic Year 2019-2020
Best Practice : 1 Title:“ Student and Staff Appreciation Award” Goal: To motivate and appreciate the efforts of staff for academic excellence.
Context: The proposal was put forward by the IQAC before the management and Principal to appreciate the teaching and non teaching faculty for achieving excellence in their field apart from their regular duties.
The Practice: Any faculty who clears any competitive exams like NET/SLET or completion of Doctoral Program is felicitated by the management on Annual Day. Any student who wins award or prize at any intercollegiate event is also felicitated by Management and Principal on annual day. Evidence: Two teachers were awarded in the academic year 201819 which has provided motivation to other teachers as well.
Best Practice : 2 Title:Campaign on “No use of Plastic to Save Environment” Goal: To create Environmental Awareness and reduce the use of Plastics”
Context: The proposal was put forward by the Economics Department to IQAC which was further placed before Principal and management to organise an exhibition by the students on environmental issues due to plastic use, and to create consciousness among others to save the environment.
The Practice: Students of each class had made models to exhibit their ideas on Environment Safety and Disastrous effects of Plastic Use. Students, parentsand the other staff members visited the exhibition and joined hands in this campaign thereby reducing use of plastics in their day to day life as it is not disposable. Use of disposable paper bags is now used instead of plastic bags. Evidence: The exhibition was open to all students, parents and outsiders to visit.
Best Practice : 3 Title:“ Encouraging Sports Activities” Goal: To motivate and enhance participation of students in sports.
Context: The proposal was put forward by the Sports Department to IQAC which was further placed before Principal and management to provide a platform for students to sharpen their skills in sports and to build team spirit among students.
The Practice: Sports Department organised a new event named “Saket Premiere League” to provide encouragement to students in sports. Students of each class had a team of members and the Class mentor was the leader of the team which had cricket match against other class teams. After qualifying rounds, teams played in the semi-finals and finals. The team included both girls and boys and the winner team was awarded with cash prize and certificate. The activity also included faculties match so as to provide them relaxation from the routine schedule. Evidence: The team from Second Year (Banking and Insurance) won the final round of the match.
Best Practice: 4 Title: “Earn and Learn” Goal: (a)To train students on developing their entrepreneurial skills. (b) To support financially weak students
Context: (a)It aimed at developing entrepreneurial skills among students and at the same time support to those who wish to earn by developing such ideas in the college premises by organising sales event or exhibition. (b)The proposal of earn and learn was implemented in the college with the intension to support students who are financially weak by providing part time job opportunities to them.
The Practice: (a) In this practice students, organize sales and exhibition in the college premises by developing ideas on new and innovative products. These products are offered for sale to all teaching and nonteaching staff and students. The money earned by this practice is utilized by the students for their personal development and sometimes to pay for their educational expenses. Evidence: Students have developed entrepreneurial skills and are now offering their services to people outside the college premises, thus expanding their business ideas. The Practice: (b) In this scheme, two students who are studying in TYBBI but were facing financial problem in continuing their education were appointed as teachers in Primary section of “Saket Vidhya Mandir English High School”. These students are now continuing their studies satisfactorily. Evidence: Students were on the verge of discontinuing their education but are now earning and learning together.
Best Practice: 5 Title: “Get Exam Readyand Innovative Teaching Methods”. Goal: To train students for exam by providing them practice set booklets, conducting prelims, special guidance lectures and using innovating techniques for teaching and learning..
Context: The proposal was put forward to by all Heads of Department to the Exam Committee to provide a practice booklet for all students in their respective subjects towards the end of the semester which would include question papers in the university format for students revision and improving results prepared by respective subject teachers. The committee made provisions for conducting preliminary exams for students and special guidance lectures. The innovative techniques included the use of rangoli by students to exhibit their understanding of the subject of Economics. The students made use of rangolis to explain the law of demand , consumption theory, etc , thereby making learning more experiential.
The Practice: In this practice, the students are provided with an opportunity to solve question papers before the commencement of university exams. They can prepare themselves by solving these questions which will enable them to judge their preparation for exam. Students benefitted by use of innovative techniques as it made learning more interesting for them. Students were able to prepare themselves rigorously due to prelims and practice tests provided. Evidence: Students found this practice useful as they could prepare themselves in a better way with proper time management.